Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You want a what...?

So my daughter just started Middle School. This year they will change into their gym clothes durning PE class. After a few days of looking for the perfect gym bag we gave up. She decided she wanted a handmade draw string bag to carry her clothes in. So of course being a person that loves to sew, I grabbed some funky fabric and ribbon and came up with a gym bag just for her.


It's large enough to hold her running shoes, shorts, and a shirt. I included a zipper pocket on the inside to hold deodorant and a small bottle of body spritz.
Best part about this bag is it's washable.....and I am sure it will need to be washed....often!!

9 comments:

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

Very pretty! She will be the envy of her classmates :0)

LazyTcrochet said...

What a great idea...pretty too!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I don't know if it's different with girls. I think I would have to make at least five a year for my boys, they lose and destroy everything. Just leave the sewing machine on, right?

Anonymous said...

the bag turned out great! I like that fabric.

hy said...

so cool! what a great mom!
xo
mj

Sugarloaf said...

That's super cute!!

Unknown said...

how independent of her to want you to make her something. see..all hope isn't lost! (in reference to those who say young people don't appreciate handmade originality.)

it looks great and sounds functional.

Jenn Maruska said...

Nice job!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Excellent idea. I normally send my daughters in a Walmart bag. Now I could wash it too.

Mary