Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quilt Update

I am coming along with the quilt. I hope I am doing it right....since it's my first one. I have done research online and read some quilt magazines. I have to say, I enjoy it!! I now have my quilt top done and I am working on my binding. Hopefully I will have my layers quilted soon, just something like a basic straight stitch for this one, nothing fancy .....just easy!

Thought I would show you the top: (I had to use clothespins at the bottom to give it weight because it was a little windy)
And as you can see, the clothespins didn't seem to work to well.....LOL

Oh and I did a Fall pillow Yesterday as I was watching a quilting show on PBS.





9 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

It's the picture of autumn! So pretty.

Cthings said...

Beautiful!! The pillow is gorgeous!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Beautiful!! Especially the lovely autumn colors out in the sunshine on a breezy day---perfect! Your pillow is gorgeous too.

Smiles, Karen

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a lovely quilt top - especially the autumn colours! No doubt you will finding quilting is highly addictive!!

Unknown said...

lovely quilt!!

I have tagged you!! Here is what you need to do. List 7 things about you and then tag 7 other people! Have fun!!

raining sheep said...

Debra, that is a beautiful quilt. Quilting is something I always wished I know how to do. Thank you for stopping on my blog and leaving a lovely comment.

Kim Caro said...

i am in love with quilts. i took an old one apart that i got at a swapmeet and use the fabrics for my crafts. the ones that are torn and need to be up-cycled into something else, that is :)

Unknown said...

both are gorgeous. great job on fabric selections.

my blog said...

well thanks for the update


Halloween Costumes