Monday, October 13, 2008

Some Like It HOT

The other day my Dad brought over some hot peppers from his garden. Lots of them!

So this weekend I decided to make some Hot Pepper Relish. We love anything hot. It's very hot but so good, we like to take wheat crackers add some cream cheese and top it off with a little pepper relish. Even my daughter likes it.

Here's the recipe if you would like to try it.

Hot Pepper Relish
--------------------
2 qt. Hot peppers, finely chopped (remove some seeds)
2Tb. salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups vinegar

Combine peppers and salt, let stand 3 to 4 hours. Add sugar and vinegar, cook, stirring frequently, about 45 minutes. Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4" head space. Adjust caps. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.

**Note: If you don't like extremely hot, use 1 quart hot peppers with 1 quart finely chopped sweet red peppers. You can substitute to fit your taste.

***PLEASE wear gloves when chopping peppers, I forgot until I had already started and my fingers were hurting later that night. :-)***

13 comments:

June Shin said...

Mmm, looks really yummy! I will have to try it.

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

YUM-O! I am one of those who LOVE it HOT!

Tins and Treasures said...

The peppers are such delicious colors.

Rick said...

That looks really tasty!

Couture Carrie said...

Delish!

manchester fat acceptance said...

I like that you included your recipe, but I'm lazy - I just wanna eat your jam!!! Looks so yummy... I'll bring crackers!

Oh never mind... 2500 miles is probably too far to travel for jam.

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Ooh yum!! I love hot foods and cream cheese!!! Yum! I will have to try this too. :)

~Marie~ said...

Sounds delish!!

AsianCajuns said...

I'm a weenie with hot stuff, but that looks beautiful and delicious! Thanks for the recipe (my bf can handle all things spicy).

High Desert Diva said...

OMG...this sounds soooo delish!

Art Nest said...

This looks so yummy! I just might try this recipe!

T.Allen said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I've gotta try it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recipe...this looks delicious!