Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Something Yummy!

Last night I had some left over chicken and decided to make soup. Chicken noodle soup!! It turned out pretty good. It was a great way to warm the soul!


My Chicken Noodle soup:
Half of a cooked whole chicken (great way to use left over chicken)
Carrots (cut up)
Sweet peas (frozen is what I use)
Onion (cut up)
Egg noodles (wide)
1 can of chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
I put the broth and some water into a pot, bring to a boil, throw in the chicken, sweet peas, carrots and onion in and cook about 5-10 mins. Then add the noodles and bring back to a boil. Let cook until carrots, peas and noodles are done. Stir often while cooking.
It's easy and you can add any type of veggies you want.

I also make some bread too. That's super easy too!! Just take slices of bread and cut up in strips and brush with oil, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on and then sprinkle some chopped black olives on and toast.
Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yum - that looks great. what a quick way to rustle up dinner!

Cthings said...

Sure looks good! A fast way to make Chicken noodle soup!

:::ZebraLilly::: said...

I never thought to eat my bread that way! I think I will try that today, you made me hungry :)

Unknown said...

that olive-y bread sounds and looks good. i'd never considered that...