Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New

Have you ever wanted to do something new?? I have always dreamed of doing a small lap quilt. Just something easy like large squares. I can remember being small and watching my Grandmother and Mother quilt, they would have it all spread out in the living room and I just thought it was so cool. They used the old timey quilt frame and I would sit under the quilt and pretend it was a fort. Anyway, back to what I was saying....or typing.....I have decided to try it. I am using some Fall fabrics I have on hand, I do think I need to pick up some brown fabric for the back. So I hope it turns out good enough for me to post here on the blog..........

Here's some of the fabric I am using!

And speaking of new, I have a new fall purse listed in the ETSY shop!

11 comments:

Hobocamp Crafts said...

That bag is Gorgeous! I wish I could do patchwork & quilting. I kind of make it up as I go along- but I admire quilters- so beautiful and precise. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I love the bag. I can only hope to be able to consider making a small quilt someday. I need a lot more practice! I can't wait to see you finished piece...I love the fabrics you have chosen.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

That bag is so lovely and you reminded me of my unfinished quilt and a few quilt tops *and* my sweet little lap quilt that I made so many years ago.

I think I'll get ti out!

Cthings said...

You really know how to shop!! The bag is gorgeous!! Wonderful colors together!!

Nuvofelt said...

Lovely bag. Hope the quilt is visible soon!

Janice said...

Like the colours and fabrics and the bag is lovely!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

What a gorgeous hand bag. Your are very taleneted. I have enjoyed browsing your blog.

Unknown said...

yes. the bag is nice. i like the combination of the solid fabric with the print.

as far as something new...for me it's pants. i've only made the 2-3 times and those times they were basic pajama style ones. for some reason i'm so intimidated by making them. i keep saying i'm gonna make some cute, fitted ladies pants one day, but have yet to do it.

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

you are very talented and I'm jealous of the time you have to sew and walk around fabric stores. Sewing is one of my other favorite things to do and on my list of daily activities 50 years from now when all my kids are out of the house and I'm retired with nothing else to do! Such a cute bag, though!

Green Girl said...

I love quilts although i never made one, but I would love to try too! The colors you've chosen are rich and colorful. Hope you'll enjoy your new project =)

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

great bag!!!