Thursday, September 4, 2008

Summer Comes to an End

Bye Bye Summer it's been nice!

To end the Summer season we decided to go camping at Kerr Lake. We met up with my sister and her family. I have to say we had a ball. It was really relaxing.....which was what I needed. There were only about 4 other tent campers there. We thought it would be packed but we were wrong. It was nice and quite. The only thing was the lake water was a little low this time.

We had great food, sunshine, campfire....smores, bike rides, swimming and fishing. We enjoyed watching boaters go by, talking and laughing, and visiting the nearby store for some major good milkshakes.

Anyway I want to end this post with some pictures I took at the lake.
This was the sunrise. Every morning I could sit up in my tent and watch it rise.
This was our spread....we laughed about how far we were spread out, and this was one site too.
My hubby (in gray shirt) and my brother in law fishing.
Hubby, daughter, and niece playing a game of toss the water ball in the lake.

A sailboat.....every sailboat that went by always looked as if they were falling over.

I am still in shock. It's so hard getting my daughter still to take a good picture of her....she loves making a silly face at the time I click the camera.....so I was happy to get this great pic of her.
Even on vacation there is time to get some fun exercise in......this was also our transportation to and from the bath house too....unless it was an emergency...then we drove the truck...LOL
Around the lake:


I love this picture....it's so peaceful!

There was an old graveyard that you can get to by taking a bike trail. It's the Hargrove family back in the 1800's. It's very pretty and peaceful too.
I love this picture because of the old feeling, it's the entrance of the graveyard. I love the old trees and the iron gate.
Well, that's some of the pictures I took. I hope your summer was a great one, and that Fall is even better........and cooler!

18 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Love all the pictures..just beautiful..when you get a moment, please visit my blog..thanks..

Tia Colleen said...

I haven't been camping in years, sadly. I wouldn't dare go camping down here in Texas, yucko! But back home I sure would. I'd love to take my 2 year old, I bet she'd have a lot of fun. I loved looking at those pictures.

My parents live in Washington state, and on thier property are 2 old cemetaries. One is an actual cemetary that a bus of college kids visited for a field trip once. Its fenced in and grass covers the headstones. Last time I went home to visit, my husband and his family and I climbed up the muddy hill to get to the top to see it. They've redone the headstones, to make it into one large nice marble headstone. Its totally creepy, but in an amazing way. There is also an old Indian sweat lodge, and old old old old graves on another part of thier property. It all gives me the chills, but I love to see it.

genuinelygreen said...

That iron gate shot is fantastic. History, haunting ...

Looks like your family had a fantastic time. Summer's end is bittersweet, but fall is so delicious.

Beat Black said...

that looks like such a great time! and a blog is the perfect way to catalog it

Crystal Card said...

Thanks for the complement..
fantastic pictures!
and I love your banner!

Sandra Williams said...

OMG...this is exactly what I need! It looked so relaxing..and the pictures are great!

Sandy
theEclecticstudio

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a very fun and relaxing vacation in a BEAUTIFUL location! We have a lake nearby that we went to the other day with the kids and it did wonders to heal my mind and spirit. Ahh... just reading your post makes me crave a good camping trip!

w said...

wow! that's a huge site!

i love camping. er. in the rv.

:)

Bluesaphire said...

oh my you all sound like you had such a fab time together and alll that space lol! beautiful pictures and your daughter looks pretty too also relaxed and happy good shot of her at last eh??? very nice blog it all looks like you had happy family time together! :)

Ashley Newell said...

Great pictures! I wish we had anything like that near here.

Tins and Treasures said...

I loved your pictures. Summer is my absolute favorite season!

Victoria said...

Looks like a wonderful way to end the summer!

fugsly said...

Gorgeous pics, the first sunset and the last one of the gate are my favourites.

Looks like you all had a fantastic time!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful end to summer! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your daughter is beautiful. I loved the picture of the iron gate. I would love to camp sometime but close the the bathrooms!!

Karen said...

Love you pictures - especially the last one. Love camping!!

Karen

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

Looks like you had a great time at a beautiful place!

Arty Allsorts said...

thank you for visiting my blog :) Thought I'd pop in to have a peek at yours and now I'm so jealous of this lovely place. I love the sunrise one and I'm glad you got a lovely shot of your daughter too. thanks again, take care xx

High Desert Diva said...

Love the cemetery pictures.


Thanks for visiting my blog today!