Thursday, October 2, 2008

A man loves his tools

My husband loves tools.....we have spend many Saturday afternoons walking around Antique stores and Flea markets looking at old tools. I do enjoy it because I have come across a few old sewing notions and fabrics while out looking. We also love...LOVE finding old furniture.

Well, my hubby does furniture repairs and builds furniture on the side. Our dream would be he builds his business to where this is all he does and can work at home. Maybe one day!!

Over a year or so he has been wanting a spray gun.....not just a spray gun BUT the spray gun of all men's dreams. It's called the Critter Gun. It's a cute little thing....and I mean it's little. He stains and paints furniture so he wanted it because of the easy clean up because you use canning jars to hold the paint or stain. SO, this past Father's day, daughter and I purchased one for him. I have to say.....if you paint or stain large items.....it's well worth the price. He loves it.

Yesterday he was out in the workshop building a cabinet section for Mr. Bruce, and I caught him using the critter gun............he is a happy man!!



oops...he heard me.....:-)



One day I will have to post pics of items he has redone or build. He is my favorite handyman!!

9 comments:

Kim Caro said...

aw a handy man :) what an awesome hubby you have.

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Hahah! SO funny! I think that is just awesome how "handy" he is!

Chad Thorson said...

Cool! I'm not quite as handy with tools, unless it's sculpting tools or paint brushes.

Cthings said...

That looks like a fun tool! I needed that to paint my house outside this past year. I'm glad he is enjoying his new toy!

The Blonde Duck said...

Ha! A critter spray gun. Love it!

Unknown said...

*gasp* finding fabric and notions at antique shops/flea markets/garage sales/thrift stores...the best!

gotta love a handy man. and it seems only natural that some day he *will* be able to pursue his passion full time. :-D

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Debra. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful evening.

my blog said...

absolutely.

Halloween Costumes

High Desert Diva said...

This looks much easier to use than the gallon size sprayer we currently have...