Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkins

This weekend was a lazy weekend for us. It was a little rainy on Saturday so we stayed inside. We watched scary movies......BOO! I love watching scary movies in daylight but I can't bring myself to watch them at night.

On Sunday we carved pumpkins. We have always done this with Shelby since she was little.

Here are some of the pumpkins:
Three big pumpkins.
The fun part.........just kidding! The messy part.
Here they are sitting at their new home.....the front porch.
Looking pretty.

This one is mine.....Mr. Smiley


This one was my daughters....Ms. Kitty

This one is from my hubby called Mr. Mean.
I also roasted some yummy pumpkin seeds.
I hope everyone had a great weekend.

17 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Fun! We missed the family pumpkin party this year.

Roasted pumpkin seeds...yummy!

moxylyn said...

How cool! I miss doing projects with my kids. They're too big now.

Andrea said...

They look great. We carved this weekend too!

Sherry said...

They look wonderful. We're going to do our carving tomorrow evening!

MSM said...

What great pumpkin designs!

Roasting pumpkin seeds, too? You go beyond the call of duty!!

~Marie~ said...

g to be carving my pumpkin this week, since I did not get around to carving it this weekend. And I will be roasting the seeds as well. The last time I tried them I didn't like them and I was a kid...maybe my tastebuds have changed and I am going to try again. :-)

~Marie~ said...

Oh and great pumpkins!!

Michelle said...

They look great and the seeds look yummy!

Cut Copy Create said...

looks like good fun! My boyf wants to do this - such a big kid!

My Inspired Reality said...

Oh, it looks like it was a wonderful weekend. Love your pumpkins:):)

JW said...

I love the things you write. Your zoo pictures made me feel like I was there. Shelby and her friend looked like they had a blast. Give Shelby and Chuck my love. I love you all...

JW said...

I love the things you write. Your zoo pictures made me feel like I was there. Shelby and her friend looked like they had a blast. Give Shelby and Chuck my love. I love you all...

JW said...

You do understand I have no idea what I am doing. Still love you though...:)

Tara said...

Lovely! I haven't carved pumpkins yet this year, it only just got colder in Texas! I want some of those roasted pumpkin seeds!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Beautiful!!!

Kim Caro said...

your pumpkins look SO good.

Unknown said...

y'all did great. i love mr. mean.

mmmm...pumpkin seeds...