Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It wasn't that bad of a day.....

So this morning my sweet daughter had a dentist appointment. She started saying how she felt bad. I laughed and said that she was just trying to get out of going to the dentist. Well she showed me...........I laughed no more. As we pulled into the parking lot of the dentist, she gets sick in the back seat, ALL OVER the back seat. I felt so bad!!! We drove with the windows down 3 inches after that) So my husband went in and changed her appointment until another day. Now she did get to feeling better after we stopped and got her a coke and some fries to eat. So we decided to ride to a few other stores.

We went to Hancock's Fabrics. I got some fabric to make some wine bag totes and a few other things.

Then it was off to Burger King.......I KNOW.....I didn't eat so great. But I only got a chicken sandwich that was fried and some french fries but that's the only time I ate bad.

Then we stopped by a reuse center and I found two white glass light globes. Don't really know what I am going to do to them yet. They were only $1.00
Maybe turn them upside down , close up the hole and make a large bowl and a vase.......


OK, after that we stopped off at the Cause for Paws thrift store. I love this store. All sales money goes to helping animal shelters. I got 3 coffee table books......BIG books that were 35.00 each for only 1.50 each. Not bad huh?? Shelby also got two books.
And I bought a blue tint small martini glass (65 cents) and a cute little wine glass (99 cents).

So it wasn't that bad of a day. And with her getting sick, it wasn't like she skipped school. :-)

5 comments:

~Marie~ said...

Aww... I hope your daughter feels better. And wow, did you find some great things!!

Celina said...

Poor kid! I sure hope she is feeling better. Congrats on all the great finds--retail therapy can turn the worst days into good ones! I've been meaning to invite you to visit my family blog at www.fungonebad.blogspot.com. There's lots of pics of the babies!

Celina said...

Me again! I have an award for you at Fun Gone Bad...please stop by and check it out! Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Fun finds! I hope she's feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

you did *very well* at the thrift shops, and the sewing materials are nice. of course, if it's fabric, i love it!

regarding your daughter's story, i had a similar thing happen when in the backseat of my mom's car on the way to school one day when i was younger. she didn't believe i was sick, but she soon found out!