Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Had a Bad Day.....

Do you know the song Had a Bad Day by Daniel Powter??? Well, that's how yesterday was for my sweet daughter. I felt so bad for her.

So, your know she got a laptop for Christmas, http://needlesfabricandthread.blogspot.com/2008/12/where-am-i.html

Well, she was on it yesterday afternoon and all of a sudden I heard this horror scream "Please bring me a towel"....."hurray"!!! I run to her and find that she has spilt chocolate milk on the laptop. She is in tears, I am trying to control myself. Thankfully she only spilt very little but a little is a lot sometimes. I was able to get most of it but noticed that some had gone under the keyboard. So I call my husband into the house and he gets online on our other computer and finds out what to do. (Thank you YouTube, they have videos on what to do!!!) He takes it a part some to clean down inside it, and now we have to make sure it is completely dry before ever turning it back on. We have to wait for 3 days........ We have our fingers crossed that it will work.

I spent the whole night telling my daughter that she isn't the only one that has done this!!! It happens all the time. She is so sick feeling about it, I am just praying that it will work.

New house rule: NO liquids around any computer!!! ( I don't think I have to worry about that anymore.)

13 comments:

Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

oh my, poor thing! I hope it works and now I know there is a youtube video if that ever happens, thanks for sharing. Good luck, let us know if it worked!
xo

~Marie~ said...

Oh no! I hope it still works. Please keep us posted and tell your daughter to cheer up. One of my first laptops was one of the original battery recall laptops... it caught on fire!

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope your daughter's laptop is okay. I once spilled a venti latte on a laptop I HAD BORROWED FROM A FRIEND. Lord, help me. Thankfully it was okay in the end!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is really cute too. Love the handbags! Especially the black and white ones.

Expressions By Devin said...

i spill stuff on my computer and cell phone all the time.I hope her computer will be okay:0)

Unknown said...

Please tell her we've all done it and lived to do it again. Great post!

BookWormz said...

awww - poor lil one. :) Its a hard lesson to learn. If it helps, tell your daughter that I spilled my coffee all over my vanity this morning, soaking everything on it and ruining several pieces of makeup... :)

Lori said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will probably be checking yours out often now that I know you like to sew. I am just starting and may need some ideas or advice! Hope the laptop survives!

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I hope it all works out ok so she doesn't feel too bad about it!

Celina said...

Spilled milk happens to the best of us! My husband spilled a sippy cup of milk on his brand new laptop this summer and it survived. It has also survived my two year old plucking off half the keys. Hopefully your daughter's laptop will not suffer any permanent damage!

Beth said...

Oh no!!! I hope it still works for her. Good thing dad was quick on the googling!

Tins and Treasures said...

Sounds like this happens alot...Our oldest daughter dumped a glass of water on her laptop in college. We replaced her 'motherboard' whatever that means!! I hope all is OK. Have a good weekend. Natalie

Audrey said...

Oh my - that is scarey!! We bought a laptop for our son when he graduated from highschool - so he had it for college. He is anal about that laptop. No one else can touch it, he washes his hands before using it, and if you have drink or food with you - don't even bother getting with in 10 feet of his laptop.
Hopefully everything works out well for your daughter!